Do not forget to celebrate Earth Day on Monday, April 22.
What does Earth Day mean to you?
For me, it means giving back in environmentally friendly ways and embracing eco-friendly fashion.
Eco-friendly fashion is more than what you may think.
Types of eco-friendly fashion are:
- Natural Fashion: Jewelry or accessories made from natural items such as shells and rocks.
Baltimore Example: Whichgoose
- Organic Fashion: Using only organic fabrics in the making of clothes. The fabrics are only considered green if should come from a green farm or place that has been documented as green manufacturing company.
Baltimore Example: Sweet Pepita
- Locally Produced Green Fashion: Green clothes, jewelry or accessories made locally. This means clothes or accessories that are not made from sweatshops.
Baltimore Example: Red Prairie Press
- Upcycle Fashion: Re-spun fibers spun from old fabrics used to make new clothes and accessories.
Baltimore Example: Kalai Kai
- Vintage Fashion: Clothing treasures from the past.